Fun fact, did you know that you can replace eggs + milk with canned soda when baking? I used to do this back in the day with premade cake mix and sugary soda and was amazed at how amazing the results were. Well today my tastes have changed a little I've partnered with Zevia to upgrade my recipes. For these pancakes, I used Zevia's Cola. Their zero calorie, zero sugar sodas were perfect for making my pancakes healthier. They have a wide range of products so the possibilitie are endless.
Cinnamon Carob Banana Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (you can use less if you'd like it to be less sweet)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of Zevia Cola
- 1 cup of carob chips
- 1-2 bananas (depending on how much you like bananas!)
1. Measure out your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, & baking powder.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. In a second bowl, mix together the Zevia + melted butter.
4. Combine the wet + dry ingredients.
5. Mix until mostly smooth. Some chunks are ok.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon to your desire. I prefer a good amount soI added quite a bit. It's better to add to the batter so all the pancakes have an even amount of cinnamon as opposed to topping them during the cooking.
7. Heat pan on medium heat. You can use olive oil or butter to grease the pan. Use a large ladle to spoon the batter on the man.
8. Once the shape of the pancake forms, add toppings.
9. Once the edges start to brown, flip the pancake. Allow 2-3 minutes and remove from pan.
10. I ate mine without syrup because I felt the carob chips were sweet enough!
Enjoy! Let me know if you recreate this recipe and what you think!